Manager, Asset Management
BKM Capital Partners is a growing firm and we are looking for driven, entrepreneurial professionals that want to grow with us and are passionate about their work. Located in our Newport Beach, California office, the Manager, Asset Management is critical to both the immediate execution of the firm’s near-term business plan and the long-term creation of enterprise value in the organization for our Northern California region.
The position has the responsibility for the asset management of a limited portfolio of multi-tenant industrial assets located in our Northern California region, including the oversight of in-house Leasing Managers, Property Managers, third-party Leasing Agents, Construction Managers, etc. Core responsibilities include developing and supervising of the strategic planning, management, leasing, financial analyses, operating and capital budgets, returns on an internal rate of return and time-weighted basis, and reporting on a quarterly and annual basis regarding the performance of each asset. Additionally, this role will assist in the review and analysis of industrial assets for future acquisitions to ensure the target asset can be managed to the level underwritten.
The Job Essentials:
- Assist in leading and building a team (leasing, property & construction management personnel) and assist in the review and preparation of annual Asset Business Plans for each asset including developing leasing objectives, operating and financial budgets, and capital plans.
- Evaluate and resolve property operational issues within budget and portfolio goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement both operational and leasing strategies, directing, and communicating those strategies to in-house Leasing Managers, Property Managers, and third-party Leasing Agents.
- Monitor and report on asset operational and financial performance on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the preparation of quarterly asset and portfolio reviews, performance re-forecasts, and asset valuations.
- Develop strong relationships through sound leadership with local field personnel (e.g. Leasing & Property Managers) and other onsite staff to support the business plan’s advancement and maximize performance.
- Engage and direct in-house and third-party vendors and resources including Contractors, Property Managers and Leasing Agents.
- Conduct regular site visits to review curb appeal, the status of capital improvement projects, model inspections, expense approvals, and personnel issues to direct changes to maximize the asset’s performance and develop strong understanding of the sub-markets in which the assets are located.
- Track and update competitive set to include floor plans, occupancy levels and marketed deal terms for competitive projects.
- Conduct in-depth market research to fully understand each asset’s position in its respective market from a leasing and investment perspective and all underlying factors that may influence it. Update demographic and market information for each asset area for strategic planning and reporting purposes, and to understand the data’s implications on specific asset performance.
- Review and assist with underwriting of new acquisitions including assisting in developing an asset strategy for each asset and completing an investment management on-boarding checklist and due diligence checklist.
- Comply with regulations and reporting requirements outlined in loan agreements, joint venture agreements, and property management agreements for the portfolio.
- Participate in preparing as part of the annual business plan, hold/sell analysis and recommend and execute asset dispositions, contract negotiations, due diligence coordination and closing oversight.
- Execute and oversee the preparation, negotiation, review, and approval of tenant lease documents and other asset related agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, economics or other business discipline, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of related real estate and asset management and analytical experience.
- Additional expertise in industrial leasing, renovations, property management, or acquisitions is highly regarded.
- Knowledge of the private equity real estate market and how its investments work and are structured is an essential part of this position.
- Understanding of Argus Enterprise. Must be able to direct analysts to manipulate models for updates and sensitivity / hold-sell analysis.
- Advanced Excel abilities
- Understanding of accounting software (e.g. Yardi)
- Ability to identify the appropriate asset and tenant required legal documents to adequately protect the real estate and our investors.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Ability to respond to many emails and/or phone requests that may arrive during the day, during the evening, or over the weekend.
- Ability to collaboratively work in a dynamic team environment.
- Be conscientious about assignments and quality of work product.
- Assume accountability for specific performance.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel (approximately 25-40%) within the western region.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following traits needed to be successful in this position:
- Entrepreneurial Mindset – A creative thinker who translates thoughts into actionable items.
- Team Player – Works collaboratively with a commitment to achieving objectives through collective action and communication.
- High-Energy – Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking is essential.
- Represents Our Values – Conducts daily business and interactions with mindfulness that reflects bkm’s culture and promotes its core values and standards.
- Results Oriented – Outperforms expectations and promotes bkm’s competitive advantage through an analytical and context-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Competitive Pay + Bonus Incentive
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and other voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- Professional Development Resources
- Fun Work Vibe
What We’re All About
Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, BKM Capital Partners is a fund manager specializing in the acquisition and improvement of value-add multi-tenant industrial properties in metro areas across the Western U.S. Combining a deep knowledge of this niche industrial product type with in-house capabilities including on-site property management, asset management, and structured financing, the firm continues to build on its proven track record, generating strong results with high levels of transparency and engagement for investors. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additional information is available at www.bkmcapitalpartners.com.