Leasing Specialist - Seattle, WA
BKM Management Company is a growing firm and we are looking for driven, entrepreneurial professionals that want to grow with us and are passionate about their work. Located in Seattle, Washington, the Leasing Specialist works under the direction of the Associate Director of Asset Management and Leasing Manager to track and negotiate lease renewals, lease assignments, and lease amendments for BKM’s assets and 400+ tenants in the Seattle market.
This position participates in marketing campaigns and various promotions for attracting and retaining tenants to minimize vacancies and improve the tenant mix and asset occupancy, prepares forecasts, and maintains budgets to maximize overall profitability and performance.
The Job Essentials:
- Assists with executing the marketing and leasing strategy for the BKM Seattle portfolio of over two million square feet of multi-tenant industrial property.
- Maintains company and property visibility with the brokerage and prospect community through industry events and marketing programs to maximize property exposure to the marketplace.
- Maintains market knowledge of comparable properties, their pricing and competitive positions, to maximize occupancy and financial performance of company assets relative to the market.
- Works closely with BKM marketing department to update brochures, leasing signage, etc.
- Updates marketing materials, including but not limited to, brochures, flyers, site plans, and floor plans.
- Coordinates with other employees to assist with broker and tenant relations events.
- Establishes and maintains positive tenant relationships to promote occupancy and accelerate lease renewals and portfolio retention rate.
- Works closely with property management to turn over spaces to new tenants.
- Under the direction of the Leasing Manager completes the entire renewal process from generating initial prospect interest through qualification, lease negotiation, lease amendments, document execution and ensuring the lease document is internally processed and transitioned upon execution.
- Involved in the negotiation process with tenants for relocation and expansion projects.
- Evaluates prospective tenants including, but not limited to reviewing credit reports, Articles of Incorporation, Financial Statements, etc.
- Identifies and participates in attracting potential tenants including cold calling and canvassing techniques.
- Conducts property tours with potential tenants and brokers.
- Under the direction of the Leasing Manager, works with the local brokerage community to develop tenant prospects and accumulate pertinent market data.
- Regularly visits vacant spaces to ensure “show ready” condition.
Space Preparation / Collaboration
- Works closely with BKM’s local Property Managers and Associate Director of Asset Management to forecast and budget expected property rental rates, leasing costs and timing for space absorption; evaluates leasing and pricing performance against budgeted expectations.
- Works closely with property management, architects and contractors to help expedite the space planning and tenant improvement process to maximize leasing velocity.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, economics or other business discipline preferred.
- Three years of work experience in commercial leasing, multi-tenant industrial experience preferred.
- Experience working in Yardi Voyager and Excel.
- View The Space (“VTS”) experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience with cold calling or canvassing.
- Proven marketing and creative prospecting tactics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Motivated, self-starter and results-driven with a strong work ethic.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following traits needed to be successful in this position:
- Entrepreneurial Mindset – A creative thinker who translates thoughts into actionable items.
- Team Player – Works collaboratively with a commitment to achieving objectives through collective action and communication.
- High-Energy – Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking is essential.
- Represents Our Values – Conducts daily business and interactions with mindfulness that reflects bkm’s culture and promotes its core values and standards.
- Results Oriented – Outperforms expectations and promotes bkm’s competitive advantage through an analytical and context-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and other voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- Professional Development Resources
- Fun Work Vibe
What We’re All About
Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, BKM Capital Partners is a fund manager specializing in the acquisition and improvement of value-add multi-tenant industrial properties in metro areas across the Western U.S. Combining a deep knowledge of this niche industrial product type with in-house capabilities including on-site property management, asset management, and structured financing, the firm continues to build on its proven track record, generating strong results with high levels of transparency and engagement for investors. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additional information is available at www.bkmcapitalpartners.com and www.bkmmanagementco.com