Analyst, Portfolio Management
BKM Capital Partners is a growing firm and we are looking for hardworking professionals that want to grow with us. Located in our Newport Beach, California office, the Analyst, Portfolio Management will play an integral role by supporting the portfolio management team in financial analysis, tracking and reporting on the company’s owned multi-tenant light industrial real estate assets. The Analyst, Portfolio Management will report to and support the Associates, Senior Associates, Portfolio Manager and the Director of Portfolio Management on all analytic and strategic aspects of the company’s real estate. This will include quarterly internal and external valuations, hold/sell recommendations, business plan execution, capital plan implementation tracking and lease analysis etc.
- Prepare property and portfolio level financial valuation models using ARGUS (both DCF and Enterprise) and Excel based on information drawn from various sources including the acquisitions team, asset managers, outside brokers, appraisers and other service providers.
- Analyze and interpret property level information including historical operating statements, budgets, leases, loan agreements, ground leases, etc.
- Understand critical and core property level financial/operating issues and be able to articulate variances from budget to management.
- Review third party reports, budgets, processes, and contracts.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reports based on internal and external inquiries.
- Track leasing activity on all assets under management and market activity in order to keep valuation models up to date, as well as provide such information to other departments of the company as needed.
- Gather market research and stay current on industry trends. Maintain thorough market awareness in targeted markets through direct research and review of third-party research. Develop external sources of data (brokers, appraisers, etc.) in target markets.
- Assist in the onboarding of new assets from the Acquisitions group into Portfolio Management.
- Create new portfolio management valuation models and management reporting templates for all new acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, economics or other business discipline
- 2 + years in an analyst role within the Commercial Real Estate field
- Advanced Excel capabilities (building and proofing financial models)
- Argus Enterprise (AE) experience
- Yardi experience is a plus
- A general understanding of commercial real estate terms and investment principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with a keen attention to detail
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic
- Competitive Salary and Bonus Eligible
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- Professional Development Resources
- Fun Work Vibe